I am always trying to find things for my kids to do after school for many reasons: keep them busy and their brains active so they will hopefully get a good nights sleep and so we don’t end up in front of the TV for hours each day! Don’t get me wrong – I’m all for giving them a TV evening after school because sometimes, you just need to chill. But I don’t want it to be every day!
So when EnerGEEwhizz reached out to me about partnering up, I immediately said YES and when can we come in?! 🙂
EnerGEEwhizz is local to Chicago (located off of Kingsbury Street in Lincoln Park), but basically a highly interactive workout facility for kids without them knowing they are doing good things for their bodies! Each class has a coach (who is also a trained health instructor) and the coach directs the kids from module to module, where they spend a certain amount of time at before moving on to the next. There are classes for all age groups, starting at walking-age all the way to teenagers. Sloane and Reece are in the early elementary class for 6-8 year olds and it’s perfect because they come home from school, grab a snack, relax for about 30 minutes before we hop in the car and drive to class!
My kids have been SO excited to go to each class – they love bouncing, kicking, jumping, punching so putting those actions to use in an actual class setting is too much fun for them! They have yet to leave a class without sweating
Before your first session, you get a pair of special socks with grips (to keep you from slipping and sliding) to be used just at EnerGEEwhizz and a bracelet that you wear to each session that holds each child’s information and what level they need to start at with each class (so try not to forget them)!
There are classes every day of the week starting as early at 6:45 AM if you want to get your kids in early to get an extra boost of focus and energy before school and go as late as 6:15 PM for teenagers. There are also private party options for birthdays, play groups, team building, etc. that are usually held on the weekends! Sloane was already putting the bug in my ear – “Hey mom, did you know you can have your birthday party here?” Hint, hint! My kids would LOVE to take their friends and show this place off!
A few other things to note:
- The staff is SUPER friendly! The owner, Tiffanie, is so sweet and Lizzie, Sloane and Reece’s coach, is beyond patient and kind and when you have Reece in your class, patience is a nice quality to have!
- There are healthy snacks and drinks for your kids to grab before-during-after class!
- Free Parking. Enough said.
- I have sat in class and watched my kids and I have dropped them off and let them be governed by the staff and I can honestly say they did better when I wasn’t there. So if you have older ones, consider dropping them off in the drop-off zone in front of the facility, go grab a coffee (or a McDonald’s Coke), run an errand, then head back to grab them! Kids always act better when parents aren’t around. I’ll never get it!
- I was googling pictures of EnerGEEwhizz before the kids’ first class and saw that Giuliana Rancic had been there with her son, Duke. So for those of you that pretend like you don’t LOVE a good celebrity sighting (I’m looking at you, Jennifer Wildes), you can come here and possibly be in her presence or be where she has been. Because I also feel cool if I know I’m in the same place that a celebrity once was (Like the time I went to RPM Italian and asked when Bill and Jules would be in…)!
In my honest opinion… if you have kiddos that love to burn off some energy by being active, try this place out! I promise you that they will not leave there without a smile on their face and some sweat on their forehead! If you are members of Pearachute, drop in for a class for five credits and test it out. And if you aren’t members of Pearachute (you HAVE to check it out because it gives you endless options of things to try around the city and how I actually became acquainted with EnerGEEwhizz), check out the schedule and try out a free trial class!
Thanks again to EnerGEEwhizz for partnering with us – we hope that many more Chicago kids find their way to you!
*This post is sponsored by EnerGEEwhizz. Thanks EnerGEEwhizz!